1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be? Just money!
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? Nice, and I say this every year, but it’s because I don’t suck as a human.
3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train? We traveled by car to my mom’s house about an hour away.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? You know, I usually come out of Christmas shopping every year with a fair amount of stuff for myself, but I only did that with a couple things this year. One was a rollerball perfume set that can be layered to customize the scent, and one was moisturizing socks. I’d intended to buy a pair of those for each of my sisters-in-law, but I couldn’t find enough. So instead, one went to the sister-in-law on my side of the family, one went to my mom, and I kept one. I also hit a few Boxing Day sales, so I have a new purse and a box full of Lush goodies headed my way.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year? It’s Muppet Christmas Carol, and I have a toddler who loves the Muppets, so you bet I jumped on that opportunity to share it with him.
6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread? Gingerbread.
7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind. “Hark the Herald Angels Sing.”
8. What’s your favorite winter beverage? Tea, although I’m also fond of whatever seasonal drinks Starbucks has to offer.
9. What do you remember most about the 2020 holiday season? It was my son’s first Christmas!