- What’s the nicest thing someone said to you this week? This was my first week as a stay-at-home mom, so my contact was limited to a toddler whose vocabulary is very limited and my husband, and although he admittedly says very nice things to me regularly, they just don’t stand out. And I don’t mean that in a bad way! It’s just that frequent compliments from your spouse, although appreciated, don’t stay in your long-term memory. So I’m gonna go with something from the week prior–it was my last week at work, and my supervisor said some nice things about wishing me well and having enjoyed working with me.
- What’s the nicest music you heard this week? So my husband and I have this arrangement for driving where the one with the shortest commute drives us on weekends and such. Since he’s back to work full-time with an almost hour-long commute, that means driving to things like taking our son to visit our parents falls on me. And something about the radio when you’re the driver just hits different.
- What was the nicest surprise this week? My husband’s new job pays monthly, which is a small pain in the ass for the time being–it means we have to stretch what we have in our accounts now for a month, but the upshot is that he’s making very good money and once that first month’s pay comes in, we should be set, plus he’s got a final two weeks of unemployment and I have a final paycheck coming, too. But because of the way the pay period falls, he was paid for his first few days, and since we’re not enrolled in the benefits yet, none of that was taken out, and the amount on the check was more than I was expecting. So that was a pleasant surprise.
- In what way did you make someone’s day nicer this week? I like to think I did this for my son–he’s missing my husband, no doubt, since that’s who’s been with him from his birth up to this point while I worked, but the kid also clearly enjoyed having full access to me this week. I was expecting things to get dicey by the end of the week, when he realized this Daddy going to work business was permanent, but it’s actually been fine.
- Who has a nice smile? My son! Even when it looks ornery.
From Friday 5.