- What are you moving toward? Hashtag goals.
- What moves you right out the door? Bad company.
- When did you recently move a scheduled meeting, appointment, get-together, or date? I didn’t quite move one so much as specify availability, technically. But my mom and I made plans to go shopping this weekend and hadn’t settled on a day–it was dependent on a few things. Then I remembered that tomorrow is Record Store Day, which I haven’t gone out for in a few years, so I’m dying to this year and told her Sunday would be better for me. Turns out that works better for her, too.
- What’s keeping you from moving on something? Time. A toddler. And therefore time.
- What’s a memorable move (successful or not) someone made on you, or a memorable move you made on someone? A Tale of Two Moves. First: a male former friend, around the time I was talking to my husband but we weren’t officially dating yet. Friend knew this. We were at a party together, sans now-husband, and friend tried to kiss me. I turned my head and said no. He tried it again a few minutes later, and when that one failed, too, eventually said he was playing up how drunk he was because he thought it would help his chances. It was the last in a succession of him trying to make a move on me and both failing and ignoring boundaries. Second: when my husband and I did start dating, I was the one who did most of the driving, as his family vehicle was a 12-passenger van and was usually in use. I drove him home after a date, and he asked if he could kiss me. True gentleman, and undoubtedly a huge factor in how we ended up married.
From Friday 5.