Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a woman who doesn’t get to see her lover often enough because he’s on the night shift. Have you ever worked nights? I have not, although I did used to work afternoons until 11.
2) She promises that if he takes the day off, she’ll make it feel like a vacation. Have you traveled anywhere fun so far this year? Do you have any leisure trips planned for 2017? My only traveling was to visit my grandfather in January, then to go to his burial in March. I don’t have anything planned, either–I don’t think I’m gonna have the vacation time to take a full week for a honeymoon between taking the week of my wedding off and other days here and there to sleep in after concerts and such, but the goal is to get something planned for early 2018, when my vacation time will all reset.
3) The ladies of Fifth Harmony are enthusiastic supporters of the Girl Scouts, rewarding troops who excel in fundraising activities with free concerts. The Scouts’ best-known fundraiser is their cookie sale. What’s your favorite cookie (Girl Scout or otherwise)? Girl Scout cookies would be Tagalongs, followed by Samoas, followed by Thin Mints. Aside from Girl Scout cookies, probably my grandma’s apricot cookies and my fiancé’s chocolate chip.
4) Fifth Harmony also participated in Goodwill’s Fall Haul campaign. They encouraged high school students donate as many items as possible to Goodwill, and the winning school got a free concert. When did you last take gently-used items to a resale organization? I think it’s been a few months since I dropped off a bag, but I almost always set stuff aside as I come to it then donate when the bag is full. In fact, I have a small bag in my living room that’s about ready to go.
5) Do you ever shop second-hand or thrift stores? Not usually, although I’m not opposed to it. When I do, it’s for music. I like the local Cash-In Cultures stores, which sell movies, video games, CDs, and records, plus some other pop-culture items.
7) In February 2016, when this song was first released, The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and Spotlight won the Best Picture Oscar. Can you recall who won the 2017 Super Bowl and Best Picture Oscar, just two months ago? I have no idea about the Super Bowl, but Moonlight won Best Picture. I remember this because I was surprised it wasn’t La La Land and thought Peter Travers, my favorite movie critic, would be happy.