- Where’s a nice place to take a walk? There’s one little fitness trail here in town that’s only about a mile looped and it’s really close to the interstate, but they somehow managed to make it feel like a nice, leisurely outdoorsy stroll for most of it. There’s a little pond and a ton of trees once you’re down away from the start of it. There’s also a bigger park closer to my job’s main office that has a paved trail that runs a long a creek.
- What do your everyday shoes look like nowadays? I work from home, so lately, it’s been rainbow fuzzy socks. When I do leave the house, this time of year, it’s boots. Lately, I’ve been wearing a new grey pair, but there’s a black pair I bought at the same time from the same company that I’d like to dig out.
- What separates a good pedicure from a bad one? I couldn’t tell you because I have a thing about nails. Like, someone losing a fingernail or torture scenes with people’s nails being ripped off really, really bug me, and I don’t like the idea of someone messing with my nails. So I refuse to have someone touch my hands or feet, although I’m sure I could use a good pedicure.
- When did you last go for a hike? It’s probably been a little while. While we have been to the mountains somewhat recently, we didn’t really hike. Over the summer, maybe?
- What’s a good song with the word “walk” in its title? You can’t go wrong with “I Walk the Line” by Johnny Cash, but the first one that popped into my head was “Walk Away” by Dropkick Murphys. I haven’t listened to it in ages, but it’s the first song of theirs I ever heard and still one of my favorites. Honorable mention: “Walking in Memphis,” especially Cher’s version and its use in one of the best X-Files episodes of all time.
As always, from Friday 5.