- What’s something you can’t do alone? I haven’t been lifting weights pretty much since I got pregnant, mostly because of not having much energy than anything else because I am still allowed to do it, but I prefer doing it when my husband is with me, for the most part. I’m not totally confident I’ll stick to the right form if I’m not supervised.
- What’s something you can’t do if people around you are making noise? I’m actually really, really good at tuning people out. Like, my husband and I have been sitting in bed before where I was writing or reading and he was watching TV, thinking it would distract me, and I can just block it out entirely. Some scenarios are tougher than others, though. I definitely have a hard time, say, having a conversation on the phone if I’m surrounded by other noise, though, and I don’t like being anywhere loud and crowded that makes it hard to talk to whoever I’m with.
- What’s something you can’t do in complete silence? Exist. I have music playing nearly constantly, and if I wasn’t married, I’d fall asleep watching TV.
- What’s something you can only do at home? Get a really good night’s sleep, for the most part. With a few exceptions, like my mom’s house, anytime I travel or spend a night away from home, I either have trouble falling asleep or wake up a lot in the middle of the night.
- What’s something you wish you didn’t need help with? This isn’t as relevant as it was in the first trimester of pregnancy, but nearly everything. Turns out when you’re constantly nauseous or tired or both, being a functioning human is hard. I relied on my husband to cook for me in particular, and also to keep the house clean.
From Friday 5.