- What is something you’re not looking forward to this weekend? Eh, I may have to interact with some people I’d rather not.
- What lies ahead of the weekend? The work week and an appointment with my eye doctor.
- What are you making progress on? Household chores. I’m ahead of the weekend laundry already.
- What were you most recently a little too early for? Ha, nothing? There was a day where I had a doctor’s appointment after work and I left work too early to go straight there and went home for a few minutes instead. I changed shoes–I wore boots to work and then it warmed up, so I switched to flats.
- When did something fun unexpectedly spring up? I don’t know! Everything fun I’ve done lately has been planned. I guess the closest we’ve come is I got an e-mail that the symphony was gonna be doing Boleró, one of my favorite pieces of classical music, about a week or so before the performance. Normally, we plan stuff like that farther in advance, but when the first-trimester pregnancy nausea, vomiting, and fatigue hit like a freight train, I realized/decided evenings out were a struggle at best and quit buying tickets for stuff after we made it through the things we already had tickets for. I was feeling a lot better by the time I got the Boleró e-mail and assumed–correctly–that I’d keep feeling better in the week or so leading up to the concert, so we sprung for it. Being pregnant has made it a tiny bit tougher to be spontaneous, mostly because of how I feel. If I feel great all weekend and we can cram in a movie or even a walk in the park or the mountains or hang out with someone, awesome, but will I feel up to the same thing in, say, three or four weeks? Who knows.
From Friday 5.