- In what way have you recently been naughty? I had a large serving of Rita’s Italian ice for dinner the other night.
- What’s the closest you’ve been to death-defying these past few weeks? Um…well, I haven’t really left the house, except for my glucose test. Maybe that? And it’s not really death-defying, but I ate tabouli and apparently, parsley in large amounts can be harmful in pregnancy. Now, I’m confident I didn’t ingest it in unsafe levels, especially since it’s not on the handy list they gave me of foods to avoid, but I’m sure in some circles it was the dumbest, worst possible thing I could’ve done.
- What temptations have you recently resisted? I don’t know, none? I do miss alcohol, though, and not even, like, alcohol in and of itself, just, like, a nice, sweet, tasty beverage. However! My sister-in-law bought us two pregnant in-laws sparkling grape juice for Christmas when all the other adults got wine, which honestly I appreciated, and I knew I wasn’t gonna bother using it on New Year’s because I was gonna be asleep. So I’ve been holding out, waiting for a good time, and lately, I’ve been wanting a glass of wine, so I popped that bottle in the fridge and opened it today. It’s satisfying the desire well enough. Hell, I’d even be ordering mocktails at restaurants if we were going to any right now.
- What’s something you wish you didn’t recently see? I kind of wish I could say that information on parsley, but if I should be watching my intake, I kind of need to know that.
- What behavior from others are you excusing nowadays? At least to a small degree, short tempers. People are cooped up with more than a couple good reasons to be stressed out, so I can’t blame people if they’re getting a little snippy as long as they’re not being really shitty. I’d also forgive confusion and miscommunications with businesses. Things changed really fast, and I don’t blame employees for not knowing exactly how things are being done right now.
From Friday 5.