- What are you listening to? Nothing, which is odd because I almost always have music playing.
- What are you hearing? The dryer running, the hot-water tank refilling, quiet sounds from a video game my husband is playing, a trill from one of the cats, and up until a minute or so ago, the furnace running. And I guess my keyboard clacking.
- What are you turning a deaf ear to? Certain criticisms of Biden. It hasn’t even been two weeks. I think jumping on him about what hasn’t been done yet is a bit premature.
- What have you recently overheard? Snippets of my husband’s Zoom calls for his grad-school classes and projects.
- To whom have you recently lent an ear? My husband, I guess, and my best friend. She’s dog-sitting for her mom and her mom’s boyfriend, but he’s asked her to do a few things she considers to be outside the scope of reasonable requests. For example, he rents out some properties, and he wanted her to collect rent and handle pest complaints, and she I agree that’s a hard pass.
From Friday 5.