- What did you most recently leap over (or past)? It’s a stretch, but we’re always leaping over toys strewn about now.
- When were you most recently forced to crawl? I got down on the floor and crawled around a bit with my 9-month-old. I also find myself crawling around our bed frequently to get from one side to the other.
- What are you sprinting from? The work week, with Monday off, even. I’m just ready for the weekend.
- What has recently required you to step carefully? Those baby toys again! And sort of writing–sometimes, I think that’s how it feels to craft something, and with my goal of submitting (and therefore publishing) more work this year, I’ve spent a lot of time being very particular about word choice.
- Where is your next finish line? Speaking of writing, I had a piece I was having a hard time placing, only because of the tone and subject matter–in a light way, not something heavy-hitting. It’s more of a lifestyle piece, and it didn’t fit lit mags, of course, and even the types of websites I had in mind weren’t quite the fit for it (has everyone switched to clickbait listicles or…?). I finally found someone who wants it and just asked for a few small things (pictures and a different title), but I wanted to ask a friend permission for some pictures she took and between that and working full-time and having a kid, the process from discovering the publication to getting those items in place has felt like it’s dragging out, even though it was only over the course of a few days. I aim to finish it up this evening and hope to see it go live as soon as tomorrow, maybe?
As always, from Friday 5.