Amidst a busy weekend, I realized I never did this!
- This week, when was good enough good enough? I’ve been writing product descriptions as a side hustle, and they get really repetitive really fast. I’ve had a couple where I’ve felt like that was as good as it was gonna get and my brain wasn’t gonna come up with any better ways to talk about how a certain piece is great for work or date night and submitted. I figure if they don’t get kicked back to me, it’s fine.
- What are a few songs you’d include in a middle-of-the-road playlist? Show tunes. Like, nothing like Hamilton or the big Andrew Lloyd Webber productions, but like the type of musicals high schools do over and over, like Guys and Dolls or Bye Bye Birdie or 42nd Street. Or, like, “Kokomo”-era Beach Boys.
- What is the most ordinary thing about you? My appearance, I guess?
- What do you like most about an average day? The fact that I get to spend them all with my kid!
- What do people seem to think is wonderful while you think it’s just okay? I mean, speaking of Hamilton… Also, Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish. I don’t really get all the hype for either one. To move away from music for a second, avocado.
From Friday 5.